We are in the process of organising a series of reading groups to bring together researchers and students from the university to discuss issues based on games research themes.
The exact format of these events changes based on the topic. Since it is the start of a new academic year, we have yet to find a stable weekly meeting time, but will update these pages when we do.
In the meantime, announcements are made through the Blackboard community system. All students and staff are welcome to enrol themselves in this community by visiting Blackboard, clicking the communities tab and searching for “Games”. Then click “Games Research Group” and choose to “Enrol”. See the image below for an example.
- RT @IanSchreiber: Dear video game students: read this now. Really, drop everything, just read it right now. http://t.co/VjXPcRAI2S
- RT @S0phieH: also, as @georgeb3dr reminded me; if you already know you want to make games, don't wait till university! make games now!
- Menno Deen is co-organising a game design event for swimming pools! Sounds awesome, great idea - swimgames.nl #chi2013
- @satanzpikez Awesome, congrats!
- Some awesome Game Design demos today! Posters will remain up in corridors/labs for everyone to admire. Monk statue from UDK says "gratz"!